Places of interest

        gnano              

Old Town

The Old Town of Cologno al Serio is very important, since it has maintained the same structure it had in the Middle Ages. You can still see the city wall and the moat protecting the entrance to the village, which was accessed through four gates still well preserved, one of which is connected to the town hall.

 

 castel liteggio         

Liteggio Castle

This medieval castle was built in the 15th century by the Visconti and is located in Liteggio district, on the outskirts of the town. You can still see parts of the crenellated walls and the moat, which made it a very powerful fortification.

 Degna di nota è anche la Chiesa Parrocchiale di Santa Maria Assunta. Edificata nel 1745 su progetto dell' architetto Gian Battista Caniana, andava a sostiture un precedente edificio di culto di cui è rimasta la vecchia torre campanaria, discosta dall'attuale chiesa. La Parrocchiale presenta una facciata in stile barocco, gli ornati sono di pietra di Brembate, così come due statue, mentre altre sono di marmo di Zandobbio, tutte opera dello sculture bergamasco Giovanni Sanzi.
All'interno della chiesa sono da evidenziare:
le bussole in legno eseguite dal falegname Alessandro Negri di Bergamo;
l'altare di Sant' Eurosia, sul lato destro, con il dipinto di Giovanni Allievi di Cologno;
l'altare del Corpus Domini, con le due statue in marmo carrese che sostengono la mensa, opera di Alessandro Sanzi; e la pala, raffigurante la cena di Cristo, opera del celebre Giampaolo Cavagna;
l'organo, a sinistra dell'altare maggiore, costruito verso il 1830 dal Bossi di Bergamo;
nel coro, una delle tre grandi tele, "l'Assunzione di Maria SS. al Cielo" è di Giovanni Battista Buratti.
sempre nel coro, bellissime tarsie, opera di Giacomo Giuseppe Caniana.
                                               chiesa           

Parish Church

The parish church of Santa Maria Assunta was built in 1745, following the plan of architect Gian Battista Caniana, and replaced an earlier place of worship, whose bell tower is still preserved. The church has a baroque facade, the decorations are made of stone from Brembate, as well as two statues, while other statues are made of marble from Zandobbio and are all by Giovanni Sanzi, a sculpture from Bergamo.

 

Inside the church you can see: the wooden double doors made by the carpenter Alessandro Negri from Bergamo; the altar of Saint Eurosia, on the right side, with a painting by Giovanni Allievi from Cologno; the altar of Corpus Christi, with two marble statues supporting it, by Alessandro Sanzi; an altarpiece, depicting Christ's last supper, by Giampaolo Cavagna; the organ, to the left of the main altar, built around 1830 by Bossi from Bergamo; in the choir, one of the three large canvases, "The Assumption of Mary into Heaven" is by Giovanni Battista Buratti. There are also some beautiful inlays by Giacomo Giuseppe Caniana.

 

ultima cena            beata vergine            coro